2. Google has invested in a startup called Transphorm, whose power-conversion efficiency technology could some day help create more efficient electric cars.
3. Electric motorcycle king Zero Motorcycles now has the Zero XU, the fifth in its product line.With instant torque from zero rpm, no shifting, a low weight, a low seat height and a removable power pack, the bike could be ideal for those who live in the city.
4. Volvo Cars is presenting the world's first diesel plug-in hybrid, the new V60 Plug-in Hybrid, at the Geneva Motor Show.
5. There will be a European debut of a Honda EV concept and plug-in hybrid at the Geneva Motor Show.
6. A new air-conditioning refrigerant can now be used by automakers in new cars and light trucks to help meet federal standards for greenhouse gas emissions. The chemical, HFO-1234yf, has a global-warming potential that is 99.7 percent less than the current chemical, HFC-134a, used in most car air conditioners, the EPA said.